An acolyte is anyone 6 years though adult who assist in worship by serving in a variety of aspects, including:
- Vergers insure all needed roles are covered for a given worship service.
- Therefors handle incense and bells and guide the processions to and from worship.
- Ushers direct congregational movement during worship.
- Torch Bearers carry the candle torches.
- Crucifers carry the cross.
- Lectors read the scriptures.
- Intercessors lead the Prayers of the People.
- Chalice Bearers carry the chalice during the Eucharist.
- Intinctors carry the intinction bowl during the Eucharist.
There are usually a couple of training sessions per year. Training is
required even if you have been an acolyte previously. If you or your
child would like to receive training and lend your service in one or
more of these ministries please contact Office Manager
, Duncan Hart.